The Old Post Office
Delivering a conversion of a former Royal Mail sorting office
Location: Chapel Hill, Stansted
Timescale: seven months.
Brief: To turn a 1,180 sq ft industrial building into a modern home.
The work required the complete demolition of the end gable and the stripping out of the existing building envelope, including all structural steelwork.
JDL was then able to begin the complete reconstruction, meeting building regulations throughout, finishing the project to a high specification. The interior included:
- new lighting
- underfloor heating throughout
- Kardean flooring and tiling
- a secret room allowing a bedroom and en-suite to be accessible from the main house
- new sliding and bi-fold doors
- a feature gable end with brickwork piers and soffit lighting.
Jarvis handled our large renovation project professionally from start to finish. Communication was regular throughout and the project has been completed ahead of schedule, within budget and to a high standard. We would recommend Jarvis Developers without hesitation.
Elizabeth and Alan Newton